Like many of you, I have been collecting valuable lessons amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. How have your thoughts, strategies and plans changed over the past two weeks? What have you learned?
Here are a few life lessons that I have gathered:
- Plans change -all-the-time- and, that’s ok.
- Just as our plans change, so do our feelings. Sometimes, sitting with our emotions and listening to our intuition can help us make choices and decisions.
- There is beauty in slowing down and living a simple life.
- Community is essential, both virtual and physical.
- Always choose kindness over fear, always.
For the time being, Sail Away Story will be changing and evolving as I attempt to create community amongst appreciators and enthusiasts of children’s literature. In the coming weeks, you will find posts in both English and Spanish for our bilingual and Spanish speaking friends. In addition, I will post book recordings and extension activities of favorite stories read by authors, illustrators and contributors that can be viewed and enjoyed at home.
And finally, an invitation to collaborate! If you are a parent, educator or a fan of children’s literature and would like to create a post for Sail Away Story, please reach out. I’d be overjoyed to include your voice and ideas.
How to Catch a Star/Cómo atrapar una estrella–Oliver Jeffers
Dragons Love Tacos/Dragones y Tacos–Adam Rubin